This is the kind of dessert that makes you feel good as you’re eating it. It also happens to be dairy-free, gluten-free and isn’t chalk full of refined sugar. Now let me warn you, if you’re expecting this to taste like our traditional Jell-O brand chocolate puddings, you need to know it doesn’t. This take on a chocolate mousse plays on the flavor and texture of the avocado–creating a dessert that is smooth and creamy. But heck, who care about all that when it has chocolate in it!
Don’t be alarmed by the addition of soy sauce as an ingredient. It helps to mask the taste of the avocado and enhances the flavor of the cocoa powder. I prommmise.
Go on, enjoy.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 6 tbsp unsweetened raw cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- ¼ cup milk (or water, or an alternative milk substitute)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce (if Gluten Free source GF soy sauce)
- Fresh fruit for garnish
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of an electric food processor.
- Process until mixture is smooth. If the pudding is too thick, feel free to add more liquid.
- Garnish with desired fruit such as raspberries, kiwi or mango!